Frequently Asked Questions

Select one of the below typically asked real estate questions to find out it's answer.


Unlike your home market the resort market can be very different and there are different costs related to owning property here in the Vail Valley. It is our goal to assist you through the entire real estate process and help you make the best decision possible for you and your family.
Yes. If you are from another country you may purchase real estate in the Vail Valley. However, it is important to work with a real estate professional who understands the requirements for your ownership. To assist you we have created our Guide for International Buyer's.
Many of the resorts in the Vail Valley are assisted with additional funding from a real estate transfer fee. The fee can range from 1% to 3% depening on where the property is located in the Vail Valley. The transfer fee assists the resort in its operational costs and can include transporation, snow plow, amenities, etc. It is common for this transfer fee to be split equally between a buyer and seller.
Ownership in the Vail Valley has never been easier. We understand that this is not your primary home and we have developed the relationships necessary to make ownerhsip here as mindless as possible. We work with several different property managers so that you can lock your door and not worry about your home while you are away.
Yes. Nearly all of our homeowners rent their property to offset some of the operational costs. We can provide you professional companies that will help you rent your home or you may rent it on your own.
This is entirely up to you. In Colorado the real estate contracts are written by the state of Colorado and provide adequate protection. If you would like an attorney to review the purchase or sales agreement, the title work, hoa documents or prepare your trust please let us know and we can provide you with a list of recommended real estate attorney's in the Vail Valley. Also, because each state is different we strongly recommend working with local legal council.